Port Blair, March 17: The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the recent novel Corona virus (COVID-19) epidemic as public health emergency of International Concerned (PHEIC).
In order to prevent the outbreak of COVID-19 in Port Blair City, a meeting was convened with all stakeholders wherein the following instructions were issued:
- Ratnam market, Gandhi market, Mohanpura market and Bathu Basthi Vegetable markets will be operational from 05.00AM to 10.00 PM.
- Market Associations has agreed to deliver door to door services of vegetable and grocery items on the same price of the market without any additional charges. The details of the vendors who are agreed to provide door to door delivery as under:-
- i) SRM Gandhi Market, Mohanpura (Vegetable) – 9063961454
- ii) KNS Store (Rice only) – 9933294769
iii) Sakthi Store (Grocery) – 9531880138
- iv) AKN Vegetable Shop (Vegetable) – 9933207663, 99321460784
- v) Mohanpura Vegetable Market Shop No. 1 – 9434280869, 9933212370
- In order to restrict the gatherings of tax payers at Municipal Office, the PBMC facilitated tax collection timing from 8:30 AM to 09:00 PM including on Saturdays and Sundays.
- The PBMC also advises Port Blair citizens to refrain from non-essential gathering at the Flag Point.
- General public are also advised to maintain safe distance while visiting all markets and strictly follow the general hygiene instructions issued by the Health Department time and again.