Port Blair, Apr 16: The Island Tourism Festival, 2018 is scheduled to be held from 18th April to 22nd April, 2018 at Mahavir Singh Road using the stretch upto the Govt. Girls. School campus.
A large number of people are likely to attend the festival. In this connection, the following route diversions are made effective from 18/04/2018 to 22/04/18 during the Island Tourism Festival:-
1. The vehicle intending to proceed to South Point including buses from Aberdeen Bazaar shall be diverted towards Model School Crossing- APWD Juction, Murugan Temple, Siddique Junction/Shadipur, Hawaghar, Nayagoan and Chakkargaon. Heavy vehicles proceeding on long routes shall be diverted to Goalghar and Junglighat from Bengali Club from 1630 to 2300 hrs.
2. No heavy vehicles including Private buses and STS will be allowed to proceed to Aberdeen Bazaar from Gandhi Statue and Bengali Club Junction 1630 to 2300 hrs. The bus passengers will be picking up and dropping off from Bengali Club junction and shall not wait for long duration.
3. The road leading from Dharamsala to Ramakrishna Mission and Girls School Junction to Scout Hut Junction will be declared as “No vehicle Zone”.
4. The road leading from Y-Narayan Junction to Aberdeen Bazaar shall be declared as “One Way”. No vehicles shall be allowed to move from Y-Narayan Junction towards Aberdeen Bazaar.
5. LMV vehicle owners who shall be parking their vehicles at left side of the stadium parking area, shall proceed towards Aberdeen Bazaar via Dharamsala, Y-Narayan Junction, Infront of Netaji Stadium gate, Veledrome, Scout Hut, ANIIDCO Bhavan, Fire Brigade, APWD, IP&T/Model School Junction, Bengali Club.
6. Auto Rickshaws who are dropping off the passengers to visit ITF will drop the passengers on the left side of the stadium parking area and shall proceed towards Aberdeen Bazaar from Dharamsala via Y-Narayan Junction.
7. In case of any emergency, emergency vehicles i.e., Ambulance, Fire Tender or any other vehicles will be allowed in inside road of the Marina Park.
8. Shuttle services will be provided by State Transport Department for the convenience of visitors visiting the ITF from IP&T parking area, Raj Niwas parking area and near Sinclair hotel from 18th to 22nd April, 2018.
1. Four wheelers owners shall park their vehicles in the Netaji Stadium left side parking.
2. Two wheelers owners shall park their vehicles in the inside premises of Netaji Stadium and ground, left side from Netaji Stadium’s gate and infront of Velodrome.
3. Ambulance and Fire Tender will be standby at Girls School Parking and near Scout Hut Junction.
This arrangement is being recommended keeping in view of the safety and security of road users especially pedestrians during the peak hours of gathering to witness Island Tourism Festival.