Port Blair, Mar 06: The Type-Test for recruitment of LGC in Port Blair Municipal Council was scheduled for 3rd & 4th March 2018 but it has been postponed because it was observed that the candidates were not comfortable with the software prepared for the Type-Test. The candidates were expecting paragraph for the Type-Test while the software was in the nature of data entry. Considering that it would be unfair to take the Type-Test with un-expected pattern, it was decided to postpone the Type-Test and reschedule it with revised pattern. Now the following pattern has been decided for the Type- Test:
1. The Type-Test will be in MS Word on Computer. This being skill test of qualifying in nature, each of the Short-Listed Candidate will be given maximum three attempts to qualify the Type-Test. The candidate who qualifies in a particular attempt need not appear in subsequent attempt.
2. The fist Type-Test on Computer has been scheduled at the National Informatics Centre (NIC), Andaman State Unit, GPOA Complex, Ranchi Bhasti, Port Blair on 24th and 25th March 2018 i.e. Saturday & Sunday.
3. The fresh Admission Certificate/Hall Tickets for the Type-Test can be downloaded from the website www.and.nic.in. Candidates are required to bring a copy of Hall ticket alongwith any original photo Identity Card like AADHAR Card, Driving Licence, Islander I-Card or Election I-Card etc.
4. The dates of subsequent two Type-Tests will be announced in due course. There will be minimum 15 days gap between two tests.
5. About 10 sets of Test Papers for the Type-Test will be uploaded on the website www.and.nic.in shortly. However the Set of Test Paper for the particular batch will be decided immediately before commencement of the Type-Test through draw of lots. The draw of lots will be conducted by the Observer in presence of the Centre Supervisor and candidates.